[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Sep 21 16:15:40 EDT 2012

On 9/21/12 12:42 CDT, John Curran wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2012, at 1:34 PM, Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
>
>> You said "court order," so we already wasted the money pursuing a "court order."
>
> Jeffrey -
>
>    You have a dispute with a resource holder regarding whether they
>    intended to transfer resources to you. You may settle that in any
>    manner you desire.  If they approve the a transfer request per
>    NRPM 8.2, we will perform the transfer.  If they will not approve
>    the transfer, you may have to seek a court order to have them do so.

John,

I'm not familiar with all of the gory details of arbitration, so one
question;

Would ARIN accept the ruling of an administrative law judge or other
arbitrator agreed to by both parties, even if the other party didn't
agree, or would someone have to get an actual court order enforcing the
arbitrators ruling?

One would hope, once going through arbitration the other party would be
reasonable and agree.  However, reasonableness is sometime in the eye of
the beholder. :)

Thanks
David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952