[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 21 13:08:17 EDT 2012

On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:51 PM, Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> I can't go into a lot of detail about my specific case as there is now
> a court filing from what I understand. My bigger goal here is to
> compel ARIN to adopt a process similar to UDRP that would allow
> resource holder's to enforce their rights without blowing their rainy
> day fund on a lawyer.

Jeffrey -

Many parties include an arbitration clause in their contracts which
provides for a similar mechanism (i.e. a hearing with small panel)
for this reason, and would be worth considering in any contractual
arrangements in which you want an alternative short of court in dealing
with Internet number resources.  Feel free to review ARIN's RSA and
LRSA (in section 14.k.ii) for typical language if that would be helpful:

  <https://www.arin.net/resources/agreements/index.html>

Thanks!
/John

John Curran