[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 21 00:10:35 EDT 2012

On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:33 PM, Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
> My biggest gripe is that rather than having a process in which ARIN
> can investigate and media these issues, they insist that I spend 5 to
> 6 figures dragging the situation through the courts. ARIN should be
> *serving* its members. Yes, some liability could become involved. This
> is the nature of business.

Jeffrey -

  There is an such a process and you did engage it, but ARIN is unable
  help in these particular circumstances.  The resources in question
  cannot be changed from their original registrant contrary to their
  wishes, although ARIN will respect any finding or judgement in this
  matter from a more appropriate legal venue (as it is not ARIN's role
  to adjudicate contractual disputes between parties.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO