[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 20 17:53:20 EDT 2012

Jeffrey -

   I think it is indeed useful for the question to be be answered (as you did), but
   your assertion that ARIN "could have easily fixed" the situation was incorrect
   as far as we can determine and highly misleading.  I have twice now reviewed
   the changes to the records, and the changes were all made by authorized
   contacts for the resources and the registry was updated correctly.  Note also
   this matter has not involved a question of judgement by ARIN, but simply that
   an ARIN Online account for the party holding the resources made the change
   in every case and the resources remain assigned to the party originally issued.
   To the extent that you believe that it should be otherwise due to legal documents
   which are contested between you and the current resource holder, I do strongly
   encourage you to seek appropriate adjudication of the matter.  ARIN will very
   promptly update records based the results, but clearly cannot do so beforehand
   for the very reasons that George Herbert outlines below.

Thank you,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO