[arin-ppml] Regarding unauthorized changes (Re: Policy question)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 20 09:27:28 EDT 2012

On Sep 19, 2012, at 5:12 PM, Jeffrey Lyon <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:

> There certainly have. We had one about a month ago on a /22 we
> acquired in an acquisition and ARIN's official response (from their
> legal department) was too bad, get a lawyer. So right now we're
> wasting 5 figures to get a court order for something they could have
> easily fixed.

To be clear, ARIN's response is that we cannot proceed when the current POC
for an address block denies the transfer request, but we would follow any
legal order you obtain to clarify the situation (i.e. the adjudication of
contractual documents in contested circumstances is best done by judges.)

Maintaining the status quo in such circumstances is actually a protection
against unauthorized changes.

FYI,
/John

John Curran