[arin-ppml] Policy question

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:55:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> Is this statement of policy still active and in effect?
>
>    https://www.arin.net/announcements/2003/20031014.html
>
> I am particularly curious about the policy specified in the final sentence.
>
> I am also curious to know if there have ever been any actual instances of
> prosecution of parties responsible for "unauthorized changes to the ARIN
> database", either criminal or civil.

Doesn't this apply?

    https://www.arin.net/resources/fraud/index.html

That would counter the "get a lawyer" argument with "fix the
unauthorized changes". Unless they determined that the changes were
not unauthorized or fraudulent.

Hard enough to determine what ARIN considers fraud:

    https://www.arin.net/resources/fraud/results/

YMMV, of course.

Best,

-M<