[arin-ppml] quantitative study of IPv4 address market

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Sep 5 14:03:39 EDT 2012

On Sep 5, 2012, at 6:45 PM, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:

> I admit to being out of my league here, is there a hosting organization who thinks a 2% routed rate is realistic for a block of 660,000 addresses?
> And ARIN is OK with handing out addresses with a 2% routed rate, simply to prevent problems associated with hypothetical future acquisitions?

While it has been discussed quite a bit on this list over the years, there
is no requirement from the community that organizations must the route the
address space registered to them.  If you think this should change, that is
indeed possible, but would require a policy proposal and ample discussion in
this community.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran