[arin-ppml] Encouraging IPv6 Transition (was: Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement)

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:42:43 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On 5/14/12, Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The ideas are simply not policy based. This being a policy mailing
>> list I thought it best to point that out, and facilitate a move to the
>> more appropriate list (which is open to all ARIN members, and to
>> discussions of fees).
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> ARIN members = ISPs plus a couple score other random folks. Is it your
> belief that it is "more appropriate" for only these individuals to
> engage in this discussion or offer input to the matter?

Hi Bill,

I believe it is "most appropriate" to follow the defined scope of each
mailing list: https://www.arin.net/participate/mailing_lists/index.html.
If they are disagreeable to you, please feel free to make a suggestion
through the ASCP. I will not stand in your way.

It is my belief that all individuals who have an opinion should engage
in this discussion and offer their input on the matter. I am doing
everything in my power to do just that. Part of that duty, as I see
it, is to avoid clogging mailing lists with off-topic conversation -
of which this is becoming (or already is). I am happy to discuss all
aspects of current and future policy with anyone who cares to chime in
here on PPML. If you would like to continue this conversation of
mailing list scope, I'll be happy to respond off-list - to allow more
relevant conversations to continue unhindered here.

Cheers,
~Chris

--
@ChrisGrundemann