[arin-ppml] ARIN Registration Agreements (was: ARIN-prop-170 Transfer of Number Resources in caseof Bankruptcy)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon May 14 01:59:58 EDT 2012

On May 13, 2012, at 11:05 AM, John Curran wrote:

> On May 13, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
>
>> The agreements ARIN requires resource holders sign should solidify --
>> that the allocation and assignment of number resources do not convey
>> any permanent ownership,  do not confer any permanent or transferrable
>> right or privilege to shared or exclusive use,  do not confer any
>> other rights that can be transferred,   do not provide any rights that
>> ARIN cannot revoke,   that  each allocation must be renewed every year
>> with payment of fees,   and  ARIN  may cancel any allocation, or
>> refuse the renewal or transfer of any allocation.
>
> Jimmy -
>
>  The registration services agreements are routinely updated and generally
>  go out for community consultation before any significant change.  While
>  the current consultation periods are closed, please feel free to review
>  the RSA version 11 or LRSA version 3 agreements (they are very similar at
>  this point), and send any suggestions for changes to me for consideration
>  in future revisions.  I'll think you will find much of your statements
>  above to be already in place.

As an alternative, you could also send the suggestions in via the ACSP process
so that they are visibly documented for the community.

This is not criticism of the idea of sending them to John directly. I am sure he
will take them under advisement and pass them to the board in good faith, but,
if you submit via ACSP, then other members of the community can also express
support or opposition.

Owen