[arin-ppml] ARIN-2012-3: ASN Transfers - Last Call

Robert E. Seastrom ppml at rs.seastrom.com
Mon May 7 16:12:55 EDT 2012

>> On the other hand, the AC paying attention to and _respecting_
>> minority dissent within the community is long overdue. I don't
>> understand the dissent on this one. But since it exists, what's rush
>> to get the policy on the books? Let's talk about it some more first.
>
> As part of that dissent, and as a frequent dissenter in AC
> decisions, I cannot abide your characterization of the AC here.
> I cannot disclose details, but, I can assure you that AC meetings are not
> a rubber stamp process and that there is often spirited debate amongst
> us covering all sides prior to taking action on policy proposals.

The details of AC meetings are a matter of public record and are
published in the AC's meeting minutes for all to see at:
https://www.arin.net/about_us/ac/index.html

The AC not only pays attention to and respects minority points of
view, but we _go out of our way to consider them_.  It sounds as if
Mr. Herrin believes that a whiff of dissent ought to be a cue for a
bad case of analysis paralysis.  I for one disagree.

-r