[arin-ppml] Clarify /29 assignment identification requirement

paul vixie paul at redbarn.org
Wed May 2 21:08:08 EDT 2012

On 5/2/2012 11:44 PM, Dmitry Burkov wrote:
> ... It is not about it - the issue for me - should be RIR  responsible for end user assignments data?
>
> Dima
> PS
> IMHO  it could be the biggist mistake in our policies or actions

someone has to be. we're not going to grow the internet economy another
order of magnitude if we continue to reduce the accountability of the
people and companies who can reserve unique resources. 'whois' or
something like it has to be made to work, and i can't think of where
else this responsibility could rest (for internet numbering resources)
than in the RIR system.