[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2012-3: ASN Transfers

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:32:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 18:00, Joe Maimon <jmaimon at chl.com> wrote:

> Chris Grundemann wrote:
>

>> So we have:
>> 1) Aesthetics
>> 2) Deception
>>

> As I personally believe that is all shared transition space really has going
> for it, I dont underestimate the appeal of either.

ZING!

Thanks for pointing out the 4-byte ASN issue earlier Joe, I forgot to
include that myself.

To the rest: I won't pollute this list with discussion of an already
adopted policy except to point you to where I, along with several
others, previously documented the rationale for shared transition
space: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bdgks-arin-shared-transition-space.
Hopefully you never need to deploy CGN, if you do - no thank you is
necessary. ;)

Cheers,
~Chris

--