[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-176 Increase Needs-Based Justification to 60 months on 8.3 Specified Transfers

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Jun 30 18:07:41 EDT 2012

On Jun 30, 2012, at 5:49 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> A question though, while I sort of understand why legacies can't vote, sort of, I wonder do your rules allow for legacies, or even non address holders, to be elected (not that you all would want, to, I understand).  If not, though calling them members of the community seems a stretch. They should be stakeholders, but they aren't treated that way. Sure we can contribute on a list, but that is only a first small step in inclusion.

Avri -

  Anyone can be elected to the ARIN Board or ARIN AC.

> I admit also that I can't think of myself as a member of a community that considers my behavior illegitimate and thinks of the thing we believe in as more like a disease than a reasonable alternative.

  I don't know if that's actually the case (that the community
  considers your behavior illegitimate); if you feel that you
  must be judged, then I'd stay with adopted policy as the basis.
  Aside from responding to requests to validate your Whois contact
  periodically, you're likely to continue to use your IP block
  unchanged from how you've been doing so over the years.

> Note: I accept the need to be properly listed in the directory and that the RIRs are the guardians of the directories, and am cleaning up my act. I am still concerned for those who would not be allowed to clean up their act because as opposed to being legacies, they acquired from legacies. But I will address the many good arguments people have made in the last weeks once I get back to a real laptop and am no longer trying to live by tablet alone.

Look forward to your participation!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO