[arin-ppml] Legacy InterNIC Documents

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 29 11:29:03 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2012, at 4:34 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>>    At the time you were issued it, I do not believe that there was
>>> any way to transfer the registration,
>>
>> My recollection was that to transfer a registration, one submitted a
>> new copy of the template. Part 3 (network name) was kept identical to
>> the name in the assignment letter and the rest of the information
>> edited to match the new facts of the holding.
>
>  That would be very good information to confirm one way or another
>  (I was involved in helping many organizations make IP network
>  requests in that period and the ability to transfer never came
>  up, but that does not mean such transfers were not done by others)

Hi John,

In 1995 my network changed from "infoglut" to "Why? InterNetworking."
I submitted a partial form 09/94 with that change and a change of
postal address (net name plus questions 2a and 4a). No address
justification was offered.

The response from Internic was, "Greetings- Updates for the network(s)
shown below have been completed. The new information will be visible
via WHOIS by tomorrow."

Under current terminology we'd call that a transfer. At the time it
was just another records update.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004