[arin-ppml] Legacy InterNIC Documents

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 29 11:09:30 EDT 2012

On Jun 29, 2012, at 4:34 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>>    At the time you were issued it, I do not believe that there was
>> any way to transfer the registration,
>
> Hi John,
>
> My recollection was that to transfer a registration, one submitted a
> new copy of the template. Part 3 (network name) was kept identical to
> the name in the assignment letter and the rest of the information
> edited to match the new facts of the holding.

Bill -

 That would be very good information to confirm one way or another
 (I was involved in helping many organizations make IP network
 requests in that period and the ability to transfer never came
 up, but that does not mean such transfers were not done by others)

 Allowing transfers via an updated request form (including the
 documentation of need over 1/2/5 years) does seem reasonable if
 the recipient would qualify to be issued the same sized block.
 Do you know any details regarding processing of such requests?

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO