[arin-ppml] Legacy InterNIC Documents

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Fri Jun 29 02:14:27 EDT 2012

As I mentioned in my long submission last week, I am one of those “Legacy” holder of a /24 IP block that I got from the InterNIC on 3/14/94.  I got others for my customers around that time and I have their original paperwork as well.  I was asked if I would share a copy of my documents to this community for everyone to see and I have scanned them and attached them to this submission.  These are the full documents I received with nothing blocked out.  The first document is what I received from the InterNIC when I asked to get an IP block and the second document is my actual award letter from them.  You will notice that there is no legal agreement or similar language that came with the paperwork.

This is why I say that I own this block (even if it is small).  There were no restrictions placed on it when I received it.  I paid taxes to the federal government in 1994 and thus my taxes went to pay for the block and therefore I believe I paid for it.  I know others will disagree but since no other legal documents other than these exist, short of a law that would sort it out, I have made the determination that this block is mine and I am using it today.

I hope sharing these original documents help further the debate going on about these legacy IP blocks and I plan on submitting more comments on this subject within another submission.  Hope this helps everyone!

Steven L Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099 - Office
770.392-0076 - Fax

        Conquering Complex Networks℠