[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 22 17:24:05 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> It truly is a honor to cover the same questions again and
> again, but as I am here to serve this community,

Hi John,

Sorry for being late to the party. For what it's worth, your
willingness to keep subjecting yourself to an unmoderated public forum
impresses the heck out of me. I have never seen an official willing to
engage with the public the way you have. I wish more would; we'd have
better governance.

>  As I noted _yesterday_, we sometimes have to make changes to
>  the agreements as a result of being in s court proceeding -

Oh, Okay. So when you said that ARIN insists that transfers only
happen according to the terms of the LRSA, what you really meant is
that ARIN insists that transfers happen according to the closest
custom contract the buyer can be wheedled in to.

ARIN will then proceed to call that custom contract an LRSA and will
keep it secret. Since it's subject to the court, there is no minimum
inclusion of the terms in the published LRSA that ARIN can guarantee.
And like everybody else, signatories must follow all number
policies... that the contract says they have to.

When you put it that way, your position is much more consistent with
your predecessor's assertion that ARIN had no authority over legacy
addresses.

Thanks,
Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004