[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Jun 21 23:40:21 EDT 2012

On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:04 PM, Steven Ryerse wrote:

> I got my info about the Microsoft deal mostly from the press and blogs and I acknowledge that those sources are not always accurate or complete.

That might be the largest understatement of all time...

> My question then John would be, when I apply for my 3 /24's next month thru your normal process,  will I be able to sign the same deal as Microsoft got (again I've never read it) and will I be able to get the same terms Microsoft got?  The press said they signed an LSRA.

The short answer is "No", not unless you are in a court or bankruptcy
proceeding.  However, at this point I am not certain that is any
material difference in terms between that and the revised LRSA and
RSA agreements given the recent revisions that were made to each.
Language was clarified in the LRSA and extended to the RSA that
ARIN will only ask for utilization if the resource holder requests
new resources from the free pool or as part of transfer, and lack
of utilization shall not be a basis for revocation.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO