[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-175 Delete Section 8.2

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jun 20 19:43:26 EDT 2012

> I am not sure how the IPv6 situation should be handled, as there is not a good way to prevent the transfer if it's allowed under 8.2... the selling entity simply includes some random bit of networking gear that can be claimed to be "[using] the transferred resources from the current registrant", which is verbiage I'm not a huge fan of.

The flaw in both this argument and your proposal is the assumption that ARIN would accept the sale of a single router as being the infrastructure justifying an entire block of addresses. Since this simply is not true, all of the conclusions based on this absurd supposition are also invalidated.

Opposed as written. This is yet another attempt to move ARIN further from being a registry with policies and closer to being an auction house and an Ayn Rand free-for-all.

Owen