[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 22:14:55 EDT 2012

On 6/19/12, Lee Dilkie <lee at dilkie.com> wrote:
> Yes John... it's a nasty thing to do... but that isn't what I asked...
> *could* ARIN decide, on a vote by members, to revoke an assignment for
> comcast (for instance).

ARIN members cannot vote to revoke a specific assignment,  legacy or not.
The proposition that ARIN members could decide to "Revoke Comcast's assignment"
is disingenuous at best.

ARIN members could propose a policy that provides for the revokation of
any kind of assignment or allocation  (including legacy ones) under
circumstances
that would be spelled out in the policy.

For example:  "If  ARIN staff discover that an assignment was obtained through
a fraudulent application,   or was fraudulently transferred,  ARIN may
revoke the assignment."

--
-JH