[arin-ppml] [arin-announce] ARIN-prop-174 Policies Apply to All Resources in the Registry

Morizot Timothy S Timothy.S.Morizot at irs.gov
Tue Jun 19 17:12:07 EDT 2012

> John Curran wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll join the lawsuit if this policy is adopted. Oppose.
> >
> > Is the concept completely an non-starter and unreasonable?
>
> We have offered lower fees for legacy resource holders, and
> have provided them with an explicit waiver of reclamation due
> to lack of use (both of these are in the present LRSA agreement)

It's likely the governmental and educational legacy users have a different perspective, but I don't personally understand what's objectionable in the LRSA. We didn't find anything in it objectionable and signed it primarily to make the waiver John mentions explicit rather than implicit. And before anything gets signed here, a lot of people in procurement and other areas, often including legal assessment, have to review it to make sure we are not obligating the agency to anything we shouldn't be.

Scott