[arin-ppml] Residential Customers

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:20:40 EDT 2012

On 7/20/12, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with all of Jo's points above.
> Why would changing policy be easier than just showing hostmasters/Resource
> Analysts that you are actually using the IPs that you are using?

Right...  This policy was not intended to apply to  "Mobile services"
This policy was meant to apply to residential services.
In light of impending exhaustion, however,  50% utilization may be too lax.

Suggested change:
https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#four23731
Revise 4.2.3.7.3.1
Replace
"reassigned at least 80% of their current address space, with a 50 to
80% utilization rate, in order to request additional addresses."

With:
"reassigned at least 80% of their current address space, with a
minimum utilization rate of 80%, in order to request additional
addresses."

--
-JH