[arin-ppml] Residential Customers

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:04:05 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Jo Rhett <jrhett at netconsonance.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Scott Leibrand wrote:
>
> Using SWIP or RWhois, residential or mobile access ISPs must show that they
> have reassigned at least 80% of their current address space, with a 50 to
> 80% utilization rate, in order to request additional addresses.
>

> How is that not simply 50% ?
>
> <joking>
> And honestly, I love this policy. I have a /21 assigned, I fill half of it
> and I get get another /21! Sweet!
> </joking>
>
> I support the 80% policy as it stands.  ARIN already has rules that account
> for geographic limitations that can (and have for me) help justification
> when it's not technically possible to subnet the block. If you don't have a
> geographical/physically problem then you can work around this issue. I'd
> support 90% rule for wireless access providers, to be honest.

I agree with all of Jo's points above.

Why would changing policy be easier than just showing hostmasters/Resource
Analysts that you are actually using the IPs that you are using?

MRTG/other tools can be configged to do this...just send them a graph
and you are sorted, no need to list actual people!

--
Cheers,

McTim