[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jan 13 00:23:58 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:30:59 -0500
> Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's not a lot more to be said about what has transpired with
>> regards to this proposal. The AC is effectively paralyzed with regards
>> to 2011-1. I believe that lack of transparency on ARIN's part has
>> brought us to where we are today with this.
>
> Marty, I'm ever curious to know if there's anything bad going on with
> ARIN. If you think we're not transparent enough, or if as you implied

Paul,

Three, possibly four AC members explain their views to the PPML on
many or most drafts. The rest show up (mostly), vote and hide their
own opinions behind the anonymous "we" published by the group.

Is that transparent? Does it allow non-AC draft authors to anticipate
and address concerns a particular AC member is likely to have?

I don't happen to see transparency at the root of ARIN's problems but
there is surely room for improvement.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004