[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-11 and ARIN-2011-12 - Last Call

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Thu Jan 12 17:53:47 EST 2012

I support these proposals.

Bill's comment below captures my essential feeling on the topic.

Similar to Marty's sentiment, I also think that a longer window would be better.  But these are a step in the right direction for ARIN.

Cheers,
-Benson

On Jan 12, 2012, at 4:35 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
>> There are still two days left in the formal last call period for
>> ARIN-2011-11 and ARIN-2011-12.  If you have any feedback for the AC
>> regarding these two Draft Policies please get it in soon.

> The 3-month "need" period is based on folks dipping in to a nearly
> empty "free" pool. Transfers are not "free." I'd hate to see a nascent
> transfer market choked by a rule that wasn't meant for it.
>
> Please consider this a statement of SUPPORT for both proposals.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Herrin

---
I, Benson Schliesser, am an employee of Cisco Systems; however, opinions expressed in this email are my own views and not those of Cisco Systems or anybody else.