[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-11 and ARIN-2011-12 - Last Call

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jan 12 17:35:44 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
> There are still two days left in the formal last call period for
> ARIN-2011-11 and ARIN-2011-12.  If you have any feedback for the AC
> regarding these two Draft Policies please get it in soon.
>>
>>> ARIN-2011-11: Clarify Justified Need for Transfers
>>> ARIN-2011-12: Set Transfer Need to 24 months

The 3-month "need" period is based on folks dipping in to a nearly
empty "free" pool. Transfers are not "free." I'd hate to see a nascent
transfer market choked by a rule that wasn't meant for it.

Please consider this a statement of SUPPORT for both proposals.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004