[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Feb 17 17:23:22 EST 2012

On 2/17/12 16:15 CST, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 5:13 PM, David Farmer<farmer at umn.edu>  wrote:
>>
>> Exactly, and this is one of the purposes of the ARIN STLS.
>>

> STLS still has needs basis. My common re: preapproval was just to make
> sure the participant themselves arent bad actors.

So, how does ARIN know they are not bad actors or a good actor turned
bad without evaluating a request against some kind of criteria?

I'm not saying this is impossible, I've just not see a solution to the
problem.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952