[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-165 Eliminate Needs-Based Justification

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Fri Feb 17 10:27:08 EST 2012

On 2012-02-17 3:19 PM, jeffmehlenbacher at ipv4marketgroup.com wrote:
> Paul, I cannot speak to how other brokers structure their business,
> but we do not actually hold address space if I interpret you
> literally.  Our Sellers hold the address space.  We are contracted by
> companies with unused IPv4 blocks to source a company with need.  Once
> a potential needer is identified, we facilitate agreement on price,
> timing and other conditions of a transfer then provide the necessary
> legal documents and guidance to execute the transactions contingent
> upon ARIN approval.  The value of any broker--be it insurance,
> mortgage, real estate or IPv4 transfers--is subjective but clearly if
> a Seller and a Buyer prefer to use a broker, they should do so.  The
> Policy Proposal as written assumes there may or may not be broker
> involvement in Specified Transfers.

thank you jeff. it seems that you have misunderstood the current
policies, which allow everything you describe, so long as the needer can
demonstrate that need to ARIN. there is a place in the "transfer listing
service" for brokers, too. i'm at a loss to understand what it about the
current transfer policies that won't fit the model you're describing above.

paul