[arin-ppml] IP Address Policy

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Wed Aug 8 22:19:00 EDT 2012

John, you seem to miss my point so let me be very clear.  I HAVE ALREADY MADE A REASONABLE VALID REQUEST FOR INTERNET RESOURCES AND YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS TURNED ME DOWN!  I am formally requesting here and now that you review my request and approve it.  That is the only way I am going to drop my request.  It is not reasonable to tell me to wait for months since others who get allocations don’t have to wait for months.  What is reasonable is for you to go to your staff and have them reopen my request #20120801-X7252 and have them allocate us the /22 IP v4 block requested.  Simple.  You definitely do have the power as President & CEO to do that if you decide to.

Then in the future when ARIN gets similar requests from others your staff should approve them as well.  That fulfills your mission!

You cannot use this community as your reason why you won’t fully fulfill your mission and your fiduciary responsibility as President & CEO.  Policies that originate from this community still have to be voted on and approved by you and your board of directors as this community has no legal standing in your organization.  That vote is what puts those policies in force and since you and your board of directors have the power to both approve, change, and remove policies without input from this community - you can do so here if you want to.  In fact you have a fiduciary duty to do just that if any policy currently in force is determined to be contrary to your mission, regardless of what this community thinks.

This is a clear case where the policy is contrary to your mission, therefore you should take the appropriate steps to rectify that ASAP.

I’m not going away.   As I said in my first post we have to have these resources one way or the other TO STAY IN BUSINESS.  I prefer ARIN allocate them to us per my request through normal channels.  If that request ultimately fails I will be forced to go off-channel and fulfill my request with a Legacy block that ARIN does not have an agreement on.  Unfortunately those are my only two choices.  If I’m forced to go that route then I will of course come back to your web site and make a request for ARIN to update your database to show our new assignment of additional Legacy addresses.  Requesting that from ARIN is the right and proper thing to do since I don’t want to hide anything or lie to ARIN in any way.  If that request were to be denied then I would come back to this community and ask for their help.

John, the choice is yours, you can fulfill your mission and allocate resources or you can force us to go elsewhere.  I would appreciate it if you would approve our allocation request.

I would also ask everyone in this community to share your thoughts on this issue as it is very important.

Sincerely,

Steven L Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099 - Office
770.392-0076 - Fax

        Conquering Complex Networks℠