[arin-ppml] IP Address Policy

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Aug 8 21:36:58 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 9:05 PM, Steven Ryerse <SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com<mailto:SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com>> wrote:

 I am not asking for a crazy amount of resources like a /16, my request is for a very small amount of resources (/22) and it is a reasonable request.  Your mission is to fulfill reasonable resource requests. Period.  I’ve read it 10 times today and every time I read it – it says you are to allocate resources not withhold them.

Steve -

   If you make a valid request, we will promptly issue IPv4 resources
   to your organization.  We will not issue against invalid requests for
   number resources, and compliance with number resource policy is
   required for a valid request.

   If believe that the policies are unreasonable, then proposing changes
   to policy as appropriate on this mailing list is a good start in getting it
   changed (but may take several public policy meetings before being
   adopted.)   You can find more information on the Policy Development
   Process here: <https://www.arin.net/participate/how_to_participate.html>

Thanks!
/John

John Curran