[arin-ppml] private whois record

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:48:43 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
>> How does "a valid working phone or email address" suddenly turn into "my
>> home address"? You're not going to drive up here to fix the problem
>> yourself, are you?
>
> Not planning on it. But I might have a cease and desist notice
> delivered by certified mail.
>

>> These days, an email address should be more than sufficient.
>
> See above.

Doesn't hold water. You can still receive a letter via a forwarding
service. Domain name holders pay for privacy services and they seem to
somehow work. And there are ways to address "exigent" circumstances
already baked in.

There is no need for the physical address to be public at all with
respect to "contact" arguments. It's a red herring.

Best,

-M<