[arin-ppml] NRPM 2011.4 – New Policies Implemented

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Sep 27 13:52:07 EDT 2011

A new version of the ARIN Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM) has been
published to the ARIN website. NRPM version 2011.4 is effective 27
September 2011 and supersedes the previous version. NRPM 2011.4 contains
the implementation of the following policies:

   ARIN-2010-14: Standardize IP Reassignment Registration Requirements
   ARIN-2011-3: Better IPv6 Allocations for ISPs

In July we reported that 2011-3 would be implemented no later than 15
February  2012, however, implementation work on this was started sooner
than expected. As a result, we are happy to report that ARIN will now be
able to accept requests under policy 2011-3 for IPv6 allocations ranging
from /36 to /24. ARIN will continue working on the final stages of this
implementation to enable allocations larger than /24, and expect it to
be completed no later than 15 February 2012 as originally planned.

2010-14 was adopted by the ARIN Board of Trustees on 15 February 2011.
2011-3 was adopted on 10 June 2011. Board minutes are available at:
https://www.arin.net/about_us/bot/index.html

The NRPM is available at: https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html

Draft policies and proposals are available at:
https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/

The ARIN Policy Development Process is available at:
https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services