[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - revised

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Sep 22 15:42:27 EDT 2011

On 9/22/11 11:41 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
> Scott,
>
> If you have resources available for transfer you need to give them
> back to the RIR where you obtained them as that RIR will certainly
> have a waiting list already established. What you're arguing is that
> **your personal choice** of whom to transfer resources is more
> important than the waiting list within the RIR where the space was
> obtained.

No, I think he's arguing that his CFO and/or shareholders will overrule
a decision to "give them back to the RIR" when there's cash being
offered for the very same resources.

For a similar reason, I don't routinely visit abandoned mines in Nevada
and put the silver and gold that I own back in the ground for others to
find in the future.

Matthew Kaufman