[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-157 Section 8.3 Simplification

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 08:32:49 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Tom Vest <tvest at eyeconomics.com> wrote:

[ clip ]

> Marty you seem to be quite serious about this, but with all due respect the
> idea that embracing IPv4 transfers

under exigent circumstances establishes a new/universal precedent to which
> all number resources should or must necessarily conform is a textbook
> example of "reductio ad absurdam" thinking. Having the right to buy/sell
> certain things under certain circumstances does not entail or necessitate
> that everything else may be bought and sold at will -- not outside of the
> domain of fringe ideology anyway.

Tom,

I would respond to this point-by-point except that I don't really see a
point. If you can explain how these 24 words end the world and perhaps offer
a twenty-fifth word to avert this pending disaster, I'd appreciate it.

Best,

-M<