[arin-ppml] An article of interest to the community....

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Sep 1 12:41:43 EDT 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 11:41 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
> I agree that ARIN has shown every intention of not doing this, but the fact that they have the right to do it gives pause to sellers.
> Perversely it is the sellers with large swaths of unused space who have the most risk in this regard.

To be clear: it is far more likely that such parties are LRSA
(which has specific language which precludes reclamation for
lack of usage)

> And how many sales of unused RSA space have occurred? Zero.

> (John, feel free to provide the accurate number if it is not in fact zero.)

I believe there have been transfers of RSA space as well as LRSA
space.  We do not break it down in the stats, but will check and
confirm this shortly.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO