[arin-ppml] 2011-1 dissent Was: Re: ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:46:05 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:59 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2011, at 10:32 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>>
>> Bill,
>>
>> I agree with you, the process has failed at least from an integrity
>> perspective.  The last call text presented in this thread should not
>> be allowed to propagate under the cover of community blessing.
>
> Marty -

[ snip Owen ]
[ snip John ]
[ snip CJ ]
[ snip Sweeting ]

ARIN has a history of circling the wagons after it is unable to
prevent public dissent. Generally, a "first strike" mentality exists
whenever the organizations credibility or integrity of it's process is
challenged. It's unfortunate that we spend so much time controlling
and so little time working on good policy that makes sense. Right now,
transition is failing as a result of ARIN over-controlling policy that
is related to v4 transfer.

Not much more I can say on the topic. I would like to again thank my
colleagues for their hard work.

Best,

-M<