[arin-ppml] question about NRPM 'efficient utilization' criteria

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Oct 15 23:46:22 EDT 2011

On Oct 15, 2011, at 4:43 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Yes. 4.2.3.7.5 was stricken because the policy it was part of was being
> removed in favor of a more streamlined policy. The external dependencies
> on this paragraph were overlooked in the process. 4.2.3.7.5 is not the place
> such a table format should be specified when multiple policies depend on
> it and the correct result, IMHO, would be to restore the table specification as
> an appendix to the NRPM and correct the references.

The prior policy change failed to remove all references to the table,
and we should have caught that during the review process.  Staff will
prepare an editorial correction to the NRPM to address this oversight
for the ARIN AC's consideration. There is precedent for the ARIN Board
approving corrections to the NRPM with the ARIN AC's concurrence that
the change is purely editorial in nature, e.g. NRPM 2009.4 (Sept 2009).
If the AC feels that the change is not editorial in nature, then it is
likely to result in a new policy proposal in the policy development
process.

FYI,
/John

John Curran