[arin-ppml] draft-kirkham-private-ip-sp-cores-07

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue Nov 15 22:07:08 EST 2011

I'm confused or you are.

On 11/15/11 20:25 CST, CJ Aronson wrote:
> Hi everyone..
>
> I just heard a presentation of this Internet Draft
> draft-kirkham-private-ip-sp-cores-07

That is an interesting draft discussing a problem set, but I don't see
where it proposes any solutions to the problem, especially nothing using
the address range you describe below.

> This is another proposal for a special purpose transition block.
>   Apparently the IANA has already reserved a block for this,
> 192.70.192.0/24 <http://192.70.192.0/24>

That address range is defined as a range "to be used in the context of
generating an IPv4 source address for mapped ICMPv6 packets being passed
through a stateless IPv4/IPv6 translator," in
draft-xli-behave-icmp-address-04

I've personally followed this draft and it is interesting, however I
don't see how they are related other than IPv4 ICMP in a tangential way.

> This is being discussed on the IETF IPv6 Operations mailing list
> apparently.  I wanted to bring it to your attention.
>
> This draft seems to be to be directly related to work in our community.

?????? <perplexed>

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952