[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Revised Assessment

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:17:30 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:01 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 11:30 AM, Azinger, Marla wrote:
> For clarity, there were two calls for show of support at the Philly
> meeting related to ARIN-2011-1.  Both had majority support; I am
> including them here so that the community has ready access to
> the referenced information:  [snip]
> The second was "Those in favor of moving 2011-1 to last call and
> making such corrections as may be necessary" with 124 people
> present & remote; the results were 24 in favor and 17 against.
[snip]

Well,  if there were 124 people present and only  24 weighted in...
that's what 20% stepping in to say they're
in favor of doing that, and  14%   of those present  stepping in as opposed ?

That's not a majority either way, then.   A majority would be 62
stepping in to say they're in favor, right?
And less than one third of those present made a show of support or
oppose either way?
It sounds like the great majority didn't want to weigh in,  either direction.

Which sounds like both massive lack of support of 2011-1 actually
moving to last call,
and massive lack of particular opposition as well.

So you had a moderate show of support from the community of the
concept of providing for interregional transfers with 42% showing in
favor  and <1% showing as opposed,    but quite limited show of full
support for the text proposed   or of moving to last call.

--
-JH