[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-153 Correct erroneous syntax in NRPM 8.3

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue May 31 12:17:37 EDT 2011

On 5/30/2011 9:28 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> If they can find two /15s that started out as /15s, then there's no
> problem. The issue comes if they, for example,
> find someone with a /8 and want to get two disparate /15s from within
> that /8. The intent here is to require
> the /8 holder to renumber enough to make a contiguous /14 available
> rather than transferring two disparate
> /15s and disaggregating them.

So write the policy so that the /8 holder can't break up their /8 more
than you think is acceptable.

I can see all sorts of complications with trying to do it any other
way... if Org A splits their /8 into a bunch of /24s and Org B gets one
of them and Org C gets one of them (not contiguous /24s), what happens
when Org B and Org C merge? What about when Org C goes bankrupt and Org
B is one of the bidders for their space?

Matthew Kaufman