[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-153 Correct erroneous syntax in NRPM 8.3

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri May 27 16:08:07 EDT 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 7:33 AM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> On May 27, 2011, at 3:31 PM, ARIN wrote:
>
>> ARIN-prop-153 Correct erroneous syntax in NRPM 8.3
>>

> I am opposed to this policy. It directly contradicts my proposal to delete the single-aggregate requirement.

Yes, that would be exactly the point... To restore community intent instead of abandon it.

> Also, I have noted in that proposal that the single-aggregate transfer requirement as it would apply with this proposal in effect can be trivially worked around simply by submitting a large number of individual transfers, each of which comes with justification. This just increases the amount of paperwork for both parties *and* ARIN with no other benefit.

So you have said, however, the reality is that the language in 8.3 was put there by the AC for a reason
and with an intent which was supported by the consensus of the community.

You prefer to abandon that intent based on the interpretation of the language. I prefer to correct the
language so that it matches the original intent.

Subsequent transfers would be the result of subsequent needs, presumably, so, I'm not seeing that
this is necessarily in conflict.

Owen