[arin-ppml] Integrating Draft Policy ARIN-2011-1 into NRPM 8.3

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu May 26 15:54:57 EDT 2011

On May 26, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Aaron Dudek wrote:

> Since we are discussing 8.3.
> I feel that there should be language to allow for transfers of IPv6.
> Currently there is no language to allow for transfers of IPv6 allocations.
> So essentially
>
> 8.3. Transfers to Specified Recipients
>
> In addition to transfers under section 8.2, IPv4  and IPv6 number resources
> within the ARIN region may be released to ARIN by the authorized resource
> holder, in whole or in part, for transfer to another specified
> organizational recipient.......
>
> The other option would to remove the version number and just leave IP number
> resources....

Noted.  There have been some requests for IPv6 specified transfers to allow resolution
of "recordkeeping" issues (just as several of the IPv4 transfers to date have been),
where a party may have delegated a portion of their address space but no longer has a
formal relationship to recipient and wants to permanently note the actual user of a
particular address block.   While not necessarily an option that will be wildly used,
the ability to transfer IPv6 address blocks may improve Whois accuracy in some cases.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO