[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Mon May 23 18:24:49 EDT 2011

Agreed - ARIN's policies should only constrain resources to the extent
necessary for "good stewardship of Internet number resources by ensuring
fair distribution of resources and facilitating the operation of the
Internet by those who use them." <https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html>

The ARIN Advisory Council is tasked with getting this done based on the
input from the community, and it takes a serious level of effort which not
only includes keeping up with the PPML mailing list but also shaping the
evolution of the policy proposals based on the input expressed here.

FYI,
/John

Hi John,

I know that you keep up not just with the PPML mailing list, but with most
of the articles on these issues that appear on the Internet.
Plus you write articles and do interviews and manage an entire organization.

Do you use google alerts to notify you when one of these articles comes out?
If so, what do you think the best key words are?
(One key word that I find actually locates most relevant articles (to me,
anyway) is simply "IPv4". It locates almost all articles related to exhaust
and ancillary issues.)

I think you and the AC have some busy times ahead, I think you in particular
have done a good job of staying on top of the list and providing valuable
input.
I hope we're paying you well!

Regards,
Mike