[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu May 19 19:59:57 EDT 2011

On 5/19/2011 4:48 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> And you believe this and still think there is a danger from
> speculators? When the market is at most 4 years in duration and then
> subject to collapse due to IPv6?

That's really the best question. Who are the speculators that we're
worried about who have enough cash to actually affect the price of IP
address space and availability *and* who are stupid enough to do that
when they know a collapse is coming soon?

Also, if these speculators are really so bad, won't all the altruistic
sellers (some of whom are represented in this discussion, no doubt)
simply refuse to sell to them at *any* price, but have nice low prices
for non-profits and other good causes that need space?

Matthew Kaufman