[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Thu May 19 18:21:51 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 17:13, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> On 5/19/2011 2:59 PM, Blake Dunlap wrote:
>

>> its still speculation of a limited resource to bring you profit at the
>> expense of the community.
>>

> Please remember that not all speculation of limited resources, even if it
> brings the speculator profit from time to time, is at the expense of the
> community. Oftentimes it actually provides benefits to the community (market
> liquidity, price stability, etc.)
>
> Matthew Kaufman

Price stability does not require a middle man to hold assets, they only need
to be listed, but I will give you liquidity for *sellers* absolutely.

Do we really need such liquidity for *sellers* in IPv4? Is there even use
for such?

I thought the whole point was to free up space for use, not to allow holders
to immediately profit from selling?

-Blake