[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-150 Reclamation Hold

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Mon May 16 19:37:10 EDT 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 7:50 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Agreed, we just had a proposal with significant support to return
> address reclaimed to the free pool with a high expectation of
> "faster", not slower. I don't see why this would be any different
> hence I expect a lack of community support. In fact, I think that the
> author should consider withdrawing this to save us all some time.

I am withdrawing ARIN-prop-150.

> We need to leave this as an administrative decision influenced by the
> community vs. a rule. This is an example of not knowing what you might
> not  know.

Agree that this should be handled via ASCP rather than as a policy change to the NRPM.

I believe the discussion on the list has been enlightening in that some want a much shorter hold period, some want a much longer hold period, and almost nobody wants the hold period we currently have.

Matthew Kaufman