[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu May 12 18:13:25 EDT 2011

On May 12, 2011, at 3:05 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

>> One other point regarding transfers from a party with actual need -
>> the risks may increase depending on any policy constraints on the
>> supplier of the IP addressees (e.g. if you qualify based on need,
>> but the party you're getting them from does not have that amount
>> of space in contiguous blocks that match policy constraints, or if
>> you are seeking a small number of addresses which is less than any
>> minimum size requirement, etc.)
>> /John
>
> John, I'm not really clear on what you mean here.

We've had discussions of various policy constraints that may apply
to the seller of the IP address space, e.g. the manner in which they
may subdivide existing address blocks for purposes of a transfer.
Obviously, such constraints may result in a hurdle that encourages
parties to game the system in order to perform a transfer.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN