[arin-ppml] Draft Proposal for Needs-Free IPv4 Transfers

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 10 17:49:25 EDT 2011

On May 10, 2011, at 12:13 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> The "skipping extra procedural step" sounds a lot like failing to issue the addresses back to ARIN for the designated transfer to MS, ...

Mike -

   As noted before, ARIN routinely recognizes M&A mergers after the fact under the
   policies that were applicable the time of the merger.  Prior to May 2010, this
   means that an organization that acquires substantially all of the the operations
   of another organization would result in the transfer of the resources per NRPM 8.2.
   We usually have to perform such updating of registration records when an organization
   that hasn't been maintaining records comes to ARIN for the first time.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO