[arin-ppml] transfer conditions

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue May 10 01:31:38 EDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
>> On May 9, 2011, at 9:36 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
>>> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
>
>> Note that even the "normal RSA" gets modified for certain entities, and the LRSA is also often "customized"
>>
> In what way does the RSA get "modified" for certain entities?
> Do we have examples?
>
> I would suggest at least the requirement that the RSA used
> match a RSA published in the "Agreements" section of ARIN's website.
>
> Some organizations getting private RSAs of their choosing would be inconsistent
> with ARIN treating all organizations that receive service impartially.
>
> 'Special' organizations should not have have rights, waiver of
> community developed
> policies, or other privileges granted to them by ARIN, not afforded to others,
> just because they are X, and  "X is special".

From a recent slide deck entitled "IPv4 Report" presented by John Curran:

For the unique legal and operational
requirements of government entities, ARIN will
make appropriate modifications to its RSAs and
LRSAs including:
- modification or deletion of the indemnification provision,
- modification or deletion of the bankruptcy provision,
- revision to the choice of law provision,
-Amending the dispute resolution section consistent with
statute, and
-Other issues as needed.

So at *the very least* modifications are apparently available if you are a government entity.

Matthew Kaufman