[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for Transfers

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri May 6 11:56:46 EDT 2011

> STLS is a step in the right direction and making this program less
> restrictive is even better. Ideally, if I have a /20 now and decide I
> need a /18 to satisfy all future need prior to completing a full
> migration to IPv6, and I have the cash to do it, then it should be
> allowed.

What if you need a /18, but, know that by purchasing the equivalent
of a /6, you can cause significantly larger additional costs to your
competitors, possibly even pricing some of them out of the market?

You have the cash to do it, should this be allowed?

(Hint... I think some of your competitors can afford that /6 to keep you
from getting your /18).

Owen